Monthly Meeting – 6pm
Wednesday 8th May 2019
Address Details: The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists, 39a Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7JN
‘Cyber attacks that get through’
Anjola Adeniyi & Kevin Duffey
Cyber Crisis – Executive Simulation
As a senior executive, you confront the challenge of our generation: cyber attacks that get through.
Reputations are ruined, revenues are compromised and operations are overwhelmed at organisations like yours, when executives are unprepared for the commercial consequences of a breach.
This Executive Simulation helps participants engage at Board level, to lead business recovery after defences have failed. It covers PR, Customer Service, Finance, Human Resources, Investor Relations, and other functions that must respond effectively in a cyber crisis.
The simulation is based on learnings from over 100 major data breaches. It covers:
- Why shock and ambiguity are common responses in the Boardroom
- Where command & control systems are stressed after a major breach
- Who expects what, among regulators, customers, partners and police
- How the exponential growth in cyber attacks puts your job on the line
- What to do today, to protect yourself from cyber attacks of tomorrow
Participants will learn:
- The 8 instinctive errors that exacerbate cyber incidents
- The 4 gaps that stop companies responding effectively
- The 3 lies that executives tell themselves during a breach
Who should attend?
Board Directors, C-Level Directors, Chief Risk Officers, Privacy Directors, Marketing Directors, Security Directors, HR Directors and Leadership Development Specialists.
Kevin has run several international businesses, including G4S Intl. & Logica Asia. As Group General Manager of International SOS, Kevin oversaw the evacuation 4,000 people from Egypt and Libya during the Arab Spring. As a member of the UK Board of Logica, he oversaw cyber security wins with GCHQ, MOD, many banks and Telcos.
Anjola leads Securonix’s accounts across EMEA, helping clients to implement User Entity and Behavioural Analytics (UEBA) that leverages Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. Anjola completed the Board Apprentice programme on the board of a JPMorgan FTSE250 investment trust, working with the Board to improve their cyber security governance. He holds the IoD Diploma in Company Direction, and is the Cyber Security Ambassador on the IoD Pall Mall Branch Committee. He is a Freeman of the City of London, and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists.