My academic strength has always been in applied mathematics. I studied at Imperial College, London firstly for a degree in Civil Engineering, followed by a masters in Management Science. After university, I joined a management consultancy practice and spent seven years travelling around the world undertaking operational research and supply chain assignments. In 1987, I founded Model Logic and since then have worked with blue chip clients in the food, drink, pharmaceutical, building materials and cash logistics sectors. I have worked for clients all along the supply chain including, retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers and raw materials suppliers. Some projects have involved reviewing vertical and horizontal collaboration opportunities within the supply chain.
I lecture on supply chain issues at NITL, currently covering modules on “Strategic Network Design” and “Carbon Footprint in the Supply Chain”.
As well as working for clients in the UK, I have extensive experience of working in Ireland. I provide supply chain consultancy support to Bord Bia (Irish Food Board) and am a member of the British Irish Chamber of Commerce.
I am a keen golfer and skier, although in both sports my KPI’s are on a downward trend.
What are the top things you would like other members to know about your business?
- I provide support to strategic, tactical and operational projects that involve supply chain or logistics issues.
- I have a suite of supply chain modelling tools covering network design, transport planning, warehouse operations and supply chain planning.
- I have undertaken many logistics outsourcing and procurement projects including tendering for transport, parcel carriers, warehouse services and warehouse equipment.
How has TEN helped you so far?
It has been good to meet so many people with complementary skills and experience who I can call upon for external support.
The presentations by external speakers have been of a high quality, relevant, informative and useful.
How can you help TEN?
- I can help other members by providing experienced, thoughtful, analytical support to their businesses or projects whether they involve high growth start ups, turnarounds or mergers and acquisitions.
- I have good experience of undertaking supply chain projects on a Pan European basis and our modelling tools and data cover all countries within Europe.
- Although my subject area is analytical and can be full of jargon, I make a point of trying to explain things in simple English, which is concise and pertinent.