XTEND – The Executive Network takes the privacy of its members seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our members whilst providing a valuable networking platform. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries regarding our practices, please contact us by email on [email protected]
Personal information is collected on behalf of XTEND. We collect personal information from you when you join XTEND, when you upload your details in the Members-Only section of the site or when you email us your details.
Use and disclosure of personal information
The information collected in the Members-Only section of The XTEND website is strictly confidential and used solely for the purpose of communicating with the members, and for members to communicate and network with each other.
What we collect
Your contact information such as your address, email address, and telephone number
Your company and position
Any dietary preferences
Photographs and videos taken by admin/committee or an approved photographer for the purposes of recording events and communication of activities.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- When someone visits us we may use WordPress Analytics and Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
- We do not make, and do not allow WordPress or Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
What we do with the information
We may use your personal information such as your name and contact details for the following purposes:
To perform the services you have requested that may include contacting you by post, by telephone or by email, including sending you our enewsletter
To allow us to promote our events and activities
For the detection of fraud and for market research purposes
In accordance with GDPR
Controlling your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
We will not allow the information you have given us to be used for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email [email protected] We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Legitimate Interest for processing
We process your information under the legitimate interest legal basis. We have carried out a Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA) to ensure we have weighed your interest and any risks posed to you against XTEND’s interests ensuring they are appropriate and proportionate. We have identified that XTEND’s sole interest is the provision of your membership.