XTEND Monthly Meeting – 6.00 pm
Tuesday 8th September 2020
Address Details: Webinar via Zoom
Register in advance for this FREE meeting here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Professor Ali Hessami
Technology Ethics in Business
What are the technology and business ethics dilemmas and challenges?
• Why do these matter today in the COVID and pandemic era?
• What are the dominant philosophies and expectations?
• What are the emerging solutions and norms?
• What are the benefits for a business enterprise?
Anyone who uses technology in business will find this presentation useful.
In attending this meeting you will become familiar with the new concerns and trends in technology ethics. You will also
• Understand key drivers and inhibitors in a data economy
• Hear about illustrative cases of neglect/abuse
• Review your own business objectives against emerging norms
• Go beyond mere legal compliance and seek a distinct business advantage
About Ali Hessami
Ali is a Physics and Electronics engineer with a track record in risk assessment and management, knowledge and talent/competence management and design of mission critical systems.
Experienced in safety, security and sustainability assurance in complex products and projects, developing global standards and technology ethics certification including COVID related Contact Tracing Technologies.
General interests: Photography, cosmology and culture.