Monthly Meeting – 6pm
Monday 3rd April 2017
Address Details: National Liberal Club, Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2HB
Thinking Money Down the Drain!
(A Masterclass in Creativity & Innovation)
The world is changing at an ever increasing pace, but the decisions we make and the behaviours that we display are based on models of “reality” which are driven by our understanding of the outdated patterns from the past. We MUST find ways of challenging these patterns, to free up our thinking, to generate fresh and novel (i.e. creative) ideas that then feed innovation. This keynote will demonstrate how creativity can remove the blockages that operate within everyone’s minds, to unleash the power of Breakthrough Thinking, to generate ideas that are both novel and useful. A culture of creativity can substantially differentiate a business, attracting and retaining the best staff whilst enhancing added value.
This approach will excite anyone who is interested in driving innovation within an organization, overcoming the constraints of conventional ad traditional thinking. Such initiatives must be driven top-down (as will be demonstrated) demanding, management/executive level accountability to challenge and change the core business model.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of how to SEIZE CONTROL of the INNOVATION PROCESS,
- the strategic benefit of adopting creative thinking within the culture of their business;
- the blockages that operate within the mind of all individuals that effectively block creativity;
- specific techniques to overcome those blockages;
- a practical and systematic approach to drive innovation into the culture of their business
Dave Hall founded the Ideas Centre in 2011, born out of a passion for creativity and innovation with a proven leadership track record at Board level in a range of sectors (both private and public).
For the 10 years prior to The Ideas Centre, Dave was CEO of HFL Sport Science Ltd, a drug surveillance and contract research organisation based in Newmarket. More generally, since 1984 he has worked in a range of manufacturing, service and technology transfer organisations, holding positions in engineering, marketing and manufacturing management. Creativity, innovation, and a pursuit of the perfect culture provide a common thread throughout his career to date.
Slightly random stuff of note:
- Took HFL into “The Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For”
- E-on Award – “UK’s Most Energetic Boss”! (2007)
- In 2007 became Visiting Professor in Business Creativity at the University of Bedfordshire.