Monday 6th October 2014 – 6pm
National Liberal Club
London SW1A 2HB
Annual General Meeting of The Executive Network followed by
This is a short talk aimed at business owners, especially SMEs.
The aim of the talk is to explain why paying attention to brand values will help in differentiating your business – by providing meaningful evidence for prospects and clients to like and trust your brand.
Lynne Stainthorpe is Director of Big Idea Brand Marketing.
Lynne’s purpose is to help business owners to revitalise their branding by defining what makes them different and desirable. She then helps to bring this to life in their visual identify, brand colours and tone of voice.
Having worked as a hands-on brand manager, brand strategist and brand consultant in the corporate world (Unilever, Beecham, ICI, B&Q, CWV, Benetton), Lynne now provides SMEs with a process and framework to create, build and manage their brands.
Career highlights include:
- Increasing Dulux UK market share in paint colours and overall
- Developing the first international brand positioning for Dulux
- Helping B&Q take their Colours brand across sectors and countries
- Launching Benetton paint in the UK
- And now, helping SMEs (from FM companies to FSAs; and from interior designers to skincare makers) to make their mark with robust brand strategies and brand identities.
- Volunteer Business Advisor for Young Enterprise – this means working with a team of Year 12 students who set up and run their own business from September to July. This includes raising share capital, naming the business, selecting/creating a product range, marketing and selling to their target segments. This is a competition which ends with the team competing for awards – including best company presentation, company report, trade stall and use of social media etc.
- Playing netball – evening and weekend leagues.
- Watching movies, musicals, theatre and ballet.