Committee Member: Terry Irwin. Committee responsibility: Partnerships
MD, TCii Strategic and Management Consultants – Shareholder
I am a management consultant with international experience in strategy development, business turnarounds, venture capital, M&As and project management work. Drawing on knowledge and experience gained over a number of years with international companies in the corporate world, I have been privileged to help a broad portfolio of clients to achieve profitable, sustainable business growth.
For fuller details of the services I offer, please click here.
My clients range from blue-chip organisations to privately owned companies, in a cross-section of industries and business types. Working in the role of consultant or non-executive director, I have helped to develop my clients’ businesses in a number of ways, including the following:
- Long-term strategic business growth: Combining commercial and economic imperatives with social and political goals.
- Social, ethical and corporate policy: Creating plans and policies to fulfil clients’ desire to contribute to the domestic and international environment.
- Commercial management/risk management: Limitation of risk in highly competitive environments through effective corporate governance and planning.
- Business development and product innovation: Exploring new trade and consumer opportunities, and widening the offer accordingly.
- Supply chain and business partnerships: Developing relationships for mutually beneficial trading.
Throughout these activities, I employ robust questioning techniques to challenge existing assumptions, arrive at a realistic assessment of the client’s position, and devise an appropriate solution.
Business growth, turnaround management, mergers and acquisitions, market analysis, strategic and tactical planning and implementation, team building, extensive cross-cultural and emerging market experience.
Reason for joining XTEND:
Networking, CPD and project collaboration.
Length of time with XTEND:
What have you gained from XTEND membership?
CPD and project collaboration.
“Being a member has given me the opportunity to call on people that can do things that my company doesn’t. We have recruited new staff for our own organisation and been able to source candidates for our clients as well – all via our unique members’ only broadcast facility. In addition I find the speakers interesting and relevant to my ongoing development and the other members often challenge my thinking.”